Friday, June 17, 2011

Living La Dolce Vita

You knew that phrase would have to come up sometime. I've resisted for months now, but today, it's time. This week has been my first truly "free" week in months. Nathan has even been gone (but will be home by the time this posts), so I had only to worry about myself and Crazy Dog - I could eat whatever I wanted (turns out, a person can live on bagels and wine), watch whatever I wanted on TV, spend as much time on the computer as I felt like, read in bed with the light on, all sorts of crazy things. I thought I would enjoy some time to really relax with no obligations. Turns out, not so much. I've spent all week reading Facebook posts by Nathan in Germany and my family back home on "our" annual vacation to the Florida Gulf Coast - they go every year, while Nathan and I just try to make it as often as possible. Quite frankly, I'm jealous. Flat out green with envy. Of all of them. Nathan is calling me with tales of his love for Germany and how we should move there in his post-Navy career. My aunt and cousins keep posting pictures of themselves at the beach, and I'm not in the pictures, while my aunt consoles me on the phone with possibly true tales of thunderstorms. But today, as I was organizing, editing, and labeling the photos my mom took while she was here visiting, I came across one she took of me. Then I remembered, life in Italy can be pretty good indeed:
Tuscany, A lounge chair, Wine, and a Kindle - what more does a girl need?

1 comment: